Here are some ideas which maybe of interest for future meetings. If you are interested in doing a workshop about one of these topics or something else related to Linux please let us know on the mailing list.
- Using ZSH
- BTRFS filesystem tips and tricks
- Creating a software raid
- Virtualisation with Xen/KVM installation and configuration
- nagios → performance network monitoring tool
- Setting up Asterisk/Trixbox
- hylafax → semi-interest.
- Setting up a cloud storage server using iFolder
- Using A proxy to keep a central repository of DEB packages you install to save bandwidth and speed up installation
- Streaming music using mp-daap and amarok over wireless
- Testing your administration scripts with cucumber / rspec.
- Add a GUI to your scripts with Shoes
- Configuring emacs for Rails|
- Starting to program Python with QT
- Version control systems
- BYO a box which either runs linux or has the potential to run linux and we can hack it. EG:
- Linksys NSLU2 aka SLUG.
meeting_ideas.txt · Last modified: 2017/10/12 21:58 by 127.0.0.1